Thursday, April 16, 2009

Susan Boyle -- I'll Tell You What the Big Deal Is!

I was searching for more Susan Boyle news, and I came across this article from Entertainment Weekly's Adam Markovitz.

Susan Boyle -- What's the Big Deal?

I completely disagree with Adam's assessment that:

But Susan, because of her looks, because of the fact that people were snickering at her before she opened her mouth, becomes a sensation simply by being able to carry a tune. She has a decent voice, sure. But let's not get carried away. She's no LuPone


Here is what I posted in response:

It's not her looks...it's the surprise of her angelic voice. Plenty of "dowdy" people have appeared on American Idol who've been "ok" or "good" singers. Susan attracts us because she IS fantastic.


And THAT is what the big deal is ;)

3 comments:

  1. She did WAY more than "just carry a tune"! Adam Markovitz needs to get more culture in his life if he thinks this is just a "decent voice"!! That is like saying Andrea Bocelli has a "decent voice"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you j39jones! Adam Markovitz seems to just disagree with the world, just to disagree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, I agree with the comment from Adam you wrote about at the top of this page. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad Diversity won and dont no what i'd have done if Susan had.

    ReplyDelete